CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
Participants should read and understand all parts of this document and the conditions and rules described before submitting their data and participating in this contest. Review and acceptance of these rules is a condition for participation.
THIS IS A TRADE PROMOTION CONTEST. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law, and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners are responsible for any taxes, customs, duties, and fee amounts in connection with the Prizes (defined below).
1. Sponsor. The “Centro Médico” Contest is organized by Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network, Inc. located at 63 Flushing Avenue, Building # 292, Suite # 211. Brooklyn, NY 11205-1078 (hereinafter the “Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility and Geographical Validity. Eligibility for contest participation or to win any of the Prizes is limited to individuals 18 years of age or older, or the adult age stipulated in the state of residence, whichever is greater at the beginning of the Term of the Contest and legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States, Washington D.C. or Puerto Rico and holds a valid U.S. passport with an expiration date no earlier than November 1, 2018. This promotion is not open to residents of Hawaii, Alaska, or any other territory of the United States (other than Puerto Rico) and is not valid where prohibited by law. It has a limit of one (1) registration per person. Any attempt by a participant to misrepresent itself through the use of aliases or multiple electronic addresses will disqualify that participant. Entries or responses to Contest questions generated by a server script, macro, or any other automated means will be void. Participants who do not abide by these Official Rules will not be eligible to participate or win. Directors, executives, employees, contractors or agents (and their immediate families, relatives and household members) of the Sponsor, their parents, affiliates, branches, advertising and promotion agencies or any other company involved in the design or competition will not be eligible. The determination of participants eligibility at the discretion of the Sponsor will be final.
3. Duration of the Contest. The Contest is available on HITN.tv/concurso starting September 15, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (EST) until September 16, 2018 at 4:59 p.m. Eastern Time (EST) (the “Terms of the Contest”). Participants will be able to register for the contest starting September 7, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time (EST) and may participate in the Contest once the Contest officially starts as of the dates and times above and will be able to return to the contest website multiple times within the Term of the Contest by entering their email and password during the thirty-two (32) hours of the Centro Médico marathon and add the codes as they discover them. All entries to participate in the Contest must be sent and received within the Terms of the Contest, under the terms and conditions established in this Official Contest Rules and Conditions document (hereinafter the “Rules”).
4. Contest Mechanics. Individuals who meet the eligibility conditions outlined within these Rules, and who wish to enter the Contest, must complete the following steps and fill out all required fields as follows:
(i) Visit HITN.tv/concurso web page (“Contest Platform”).
(ii) Enter at least five (5) secret codes. There will be a total of thirty-two (32) secret codes that will be revealed on air on HITN throughout the thirty-two (32) hours of the Centro Médico programming marathon according to the terms and duration of the Contest.
(iii) Participants will also have to respond to the question “Why do you want to visit the Centro Médico filming set in Madrid, Spain?”
(iv) Select the field indicating you accept to receive promotional information from the Sponsor (optional – see Data Use section in these Rules).
(v) Read the Rules and select the field where the participant acknowledges that he/she read and accepted the Contest Rules.
(vi) Once the steps described above have been completed, click on the “Submit” button and you will automatically be enrolled in the Contest.
(vii) Once enrolled in the Contest, a new screen will be displayed notifying that the data and the participant’s response to the Contest question have been registered. Any participant who uses other methods of entering the Response (by means of emails or attachments) will be disqualified and their data removed from the Contest database.
(viii) Qualifying individuals may participate in the Contest following the instructions on the Contest website. Participants who complete the “Registration” form, enter their secret codes, and respond the Contest question within the Terms of the Contest are Contest Registered Contestants (“Registered Contestants”) and have an opportunity as candidates to be chosen to win one of the two (2) Contest Prizes.
5. Winners Selection. After the expiration date on the Terms of the Contest, on or about September 19, 2018, the Sponsor will review all eligible entries completed by Registered Contestants to determine which Registered Contestants entered the highest number of secret codes in the Contest, there are a total of thirty-two (32) codes available, and submitted an answer to the question “Why do you want to visit the Centro Médico filming set in Madrid, Spain?” The Registered Contestant that correctly entered the highest number of secret codes in the Contest will be the potential Winner of the Grand Prize. The Registered Contestant that correctly entered the second highest number of secret codes in the Contest will be the potential Winner of the Second Prize. In the case of a tie, the Registered Contestants who have provided the most skillful answers to the Contest question will be considered winners (the “Winners”). The Sponsor is the official Contest time manager. All Sponsor’s decisions in relation to the Contest, including the selection of the Winner, shall be final.
Grand Prize: One (1) Winner will receive the Grand Prize which will be a five day/four night all-expense paid trip for the Winner plus one (1) Companion (“Companion”) to Madrid, Spain, and a visit to the Centro Médico filming set (the “Centro Médico Filming Set”) in October, 2018. The Companion must be 18 years of age or older to travel and hold a valid US Passport with an expiration date no earlier than November 1, 2018. Specifically, the Winner and his/her Companion shall receive (i) two air round trip tickets (Winner and Companion) in economy class departing from the nearest major airport to the Winner’s residence to an airport in the Madrid, Spain area (the approximate value of the market may vary depending on the location of the Winner’s residence); (ii) Accommodations for five days/four nights in a hotel in or near Madrid, Spain (standard double room, the hotel will be chosen at the sole discretion of the Sponsor) (approximate market value of all prizes awarded: USD $ 4,000.00), or a substitute prize of comparable value (the “Grand Prize”). The Winner will be responsible for all fees and expenses not specified in the Grand Prize described herein. Hotel accommodation is at the discretion of the Sponsor, subject to availability, and restricted dates may apply.
The Winner and his/her Companion must provide the Sponsor, at the time of their request, with all necessary information to make the reservations and travel arrangements and necessary hotel accommodations. Reservations must be made thirty (30) days prior to departure. Once programmed, the itinerary cannot be modified, and the Winner or his/her Companion’s failure to comply with such request will not oblige the Sponsor in any way to change the set schedule. In the event that the Winner is unable to attend the visit to the Centro Médico Filming set in Madrid, Spain in October 2018, the Winner will lose the Grand Prize, and the Sponsor will have the right to select another Winner. In the event the filming of the series is canceled or postponed for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel what remains of the Grand Prize, to the extent permitted by law, without any other obligation to the Winner. The Winner and his/her Companion shall be solely responsible for their meals, unforeseen expenses, tips and gratuities, income and other taxes, ground transportation, and all other costs and expenses not specified herein. All travelers must have valid travel documents. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner. The Sponsor makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination and is not responsible for obtaining passports, visas, or any other required traveling documentation. The Sponsor may require that the Companion and the Winner make and sign an Affidavit (a sworn statement defined below), which, if required, must be completed and held by the Sponsor within ten days of the date of the first attempted notification, including the Affidavit. If a Winner cannot travel on the stipulated dates, he/she will lose the Grand Prize and an alternate Winner will be elected.
Second Prize: One (1) Winner will receive the Second Prize, which will be a 40-inch television, or a substitute prize of comparable value (the “Second Prize”; the Grand Prize and the Second Prize collectively shall be referred to as the “Prizes”).
7. General Conditions. Participants agree to be bound by these Rules and all of the Sponsor’s decisions shall be final. Each participant agrees to be subject to these Official Rules and to the Sponsor’s decisions, and to accept the award of any prize based on availability. In addition, each Registered Contestant represents and warrants that all information contained in your Registration is true and accurate. The Sponsor is not responsible for any printing errors in these Official Rules, Contest questions or in any other material available on the Contest website. Upon completing an entry, Registered Contestants grant the Sponsor, its agents and others who represent it, the right to use the name, images, voice, portrait, city, state of residence and Contestant’s Contest results for advertising purposes and even in the Contest website, without any additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Unless the Registered Contestant declares otherwise, the Sponsor or its designees may use the physical or electronic address of the Registered Contestant to contact him in relation to the Sponsor’s services and other offers and/or promotions. All entries and answers to the contest questions become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor shall not be liable for loss, delay, incorrect or misdirected identification, operation, errors, delays or failures of telecommunications, hardware, computer software of any of the Entries or responses to the Contest. If, for any reason, the legitimacy or integrity of the Contest is compromised, or the administration of the Sponsor or the performance of the Contest becomes impossible, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Sponsor to a legally permissible extent, and disqualify any individual who falsifies the Entry or the process of the Contest or the administration thereof.
8. Notification to Winners. Potential Winners of the Grand Prize or Second Prize will be notified by email to the email address given on the Registration. The Sponsor may require that the Winners and the Winner’s Companion make and sign an affidavit of eligibility, publicity permit (except where prohibited by law), waiver of liability and/or W-9 Forms of the IRS (if required by IRS rules) prior to the delivery of any prize (collectively, “Affidavit”). If the Potential Winners do not respond to the notification within ten days of being sent, if it is determined that they are not eligible, fail to make and sign the affidavit or other document required by the Sponsor within ten days send the affidavit by email to the Winners, and/or the email with the notification returned because it could not be delivered, the Sponsor may consider that such potential Winners lost the Grand Prize or Second Prize, and may be chosen other potential winners. The Grand Prize and Second Prize will be delivered approximately twenty (20) days after the full and timely response of the affidavit filed by both the Winners and the Companion. The Sponsor does not give any guarantee in relation to the prizes. Prizes are non-transferable and Winners have no right to substitution (cash or otherwise). The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if there is no availability.
9. Winners Announcement. The names of the Prize Winners may be published for ninety (90) days after the end of the Terms of the Contest on the Contest page and at any other location chosen by the Sponsor, including online, on air, print and on social media.
10. Disclaimer, Conflict Resolution, and Limits to Responsibilities. Each Registered Contestant hereby releases and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, any of its executives, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors, and appointed individuals or firms from harm, injury, death, loss or any other prejudice or civil liability by law or by its actions, whether or not known, affirmed or not, that could result from or in any way related to the participation of this promotion without warning, acceptance, use or misuse of the Prizes or any substitute prize. Any and all conflicts, claims and causes of action arising out of, relating to, or in connection with this Contest must be resolved individually, without recourse to any form of class action. This Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, regardless of conflict with the main laws. Any action or litigation concerning, or arising out of, relating to or otherwise connected with this Contest shall be made in the federal or state courts located in New York County in the State of New York and each Registered Contestant expressly agrees to the jurisdiction of the site of such courts and to desist from any defense that lacks jurisdiction or inconvenient forums with respect to such courts. Each Registered Contestant agrees to be notified of the process by mail or other method accepted under the laws of the State of New York.
ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS TO A PARTICIPANT OR REGISTERED CONTESTANT (INCLUDING WINNER) SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. PARTICIPANTS AND REGISTERED CONTESTANTS (INCLUDING WINNER) HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” You expressly waive and release any right or benefit which you have or may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, to the full extent that you may waive all such rights and benefits pertaining to the matters released here. In connection with such waiver and relinquishment, you acknowledge that you are aware that you may hereafter discover claims presently unknown or unsuspected, or facts in addition to or different from those which you now know or believe to be true, with respect to the matters released herein; nevertheless, it is your intention through this release to fully and finally and forever settle and release all such matters and claims relative thereto, which do not exist, may exist or heretofore have existed between yourself and the Sponsor related to the Sweepstakes. The release herein given shall be and remain in effect as a full and complete release of such claims and matters notwithstanding the discovery or existence of any such additional or different claims or facts relative thereto.
These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. LIST OF WINNERS: For a copy of these rules or the names of Winners, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network, Inc., Attn: Angel Audiffred, 63 Flushing Avenue, Building #292, Suite #211, Brooklyn, NY 11205 – 1078 within twelve (12) months from the end of the Entry Period (VT residents need not affix return postage).