CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
“El Reino del León”
Participants should read and understand all parts of this document and the conditions and rules described before submitting their data and participating in this contest. Review and acceptance of these Official Rules is a condition for participation.
THIS IS A TRADE PROMOTION CONTEST. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law, and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners are responsible for any taxes, customs, duties, and fee amounts in connection with the Prizes (defined below).
1. Sponsor. The “El reino del león” Contest is organized by Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network, Inc. located at 63 Flushing Avenue, Building # 292, Suite # 211. Brooklyn, NY 11205-1078 (hereinafter the “Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility and Geographical Validity. Eligibility for contest participation or to win any of the Prizes is limited to individuals 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority in the participant’s state of residence, whichever is greater, at the beginning of the Contest Period and legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States, Washington D.C. or Puerto Rico. This promotion is not open to residents of Hawaii, Alaska, or any other territory of the United States (other than Puerto Rico) and is not valid where prohibited by law. It has a limit of one (1) registration per person. Any attempt by a participant to misrepresent itself through the use of aliases or multiple electronic addresses will disqualify that participant. Entries or responses to Contest questions generated by a server script, macro, or any other automated means will be void. Participants who do not abide by these Official Rules will not be eligible to participate or win. Directors, executives, employees, contractors or agents (and their immediate families, relatives and household members) of the Sponsor, their parents, affiliates, branches, advertising and promotion agencies or any other company involved in the design or competition will not be eligible. The determination of a participant’s eligibility at the discretion of the Sponsor will be final.
3. Duration of the Contest. The Contest is available on
4. How To Enter/Contest Mechanics. Individuals who meet the eligibility conditions outlined within these Official Rules, and who wish to enter the Contest, must complete the following steps and fill out all required fields as follows:
(i) Visit the Contest Website and follow the on-screen instructions to register for the Contest;
(ii) After successfully registering for the Contest by completing all required fields in the online registration form (the “Registration Form”), in the space designated on the Contest Website, enter at least five (5) secret codes correctly. There will be a total of forty (40) secret codes that will be revealed on air on HITN throughout the length of the Contest Period. Participants will be able to return to the Contest Website multiple times during the Contest Period by entering their email and password used to register for the Contest, and they may add the secret codes as they discover them during the Contest Period. All entries to participate in the Contest must be sent and received during the Contest Period in accordance with the terms and conditions established in these Official Rules.
(iii) Participants will also have to respond to the question “Why do you want to go Disney Animal Kingdom in Orlando?”
(iv) Select the field indicating whether you accept to receive promotional information from the Sponsor (optional – see Data Use section in these Official Rules).
(v) Read the Official Rules and select the field where the participant acknowledges that he/she read and accepted these Official Rules.
(vi) Once the steps described above have been completed, click on the “Submit” button and you will automatically be enrolled in the Contest (subject to your eligibility).
(vii) Once enrolled in the Contest, a new screen will be displayed notifying that the data and the participant’s response to the Contest question have been registered. Any participant who uses other methods of entering the Contest (e.g., by means of emails or attachments) will be disqualified and their data removed from the Contest database.
(viii) Participants who complete the Registration Form, enter at least five (5) secret codes, and respond the Contest question during the Contest Period are registered contestants (“Registered Contestants”) and have an opportunity as candidates to be chosen to win one of the three (3) Contest Prizes (defined below).
5. Winners Selection. After the conclusion of the Contest Period, on or about August 30th, 2019, the Sponsor will review all eligible entries completed by Registered Contestants to determine which Registered Contestants entered the highest number of secret codes in the Contest (there are a total of forty (40) codes available), and submitted an answer to the question “Why do you want to go to Disney Animal Kingdom in Orlando?” (the “Contest Question”). The Registered Contestant that correctly entered the highest number of secret codes in the Contest will be the potential Winner of the Grand Prize (unless there is a tie for the highest number of secret codes). The Registered Contestant that correctly entered the second highest number of secret codes in the Contest will be the potential Winner of the Second Prize (unless there is a tie for the highest number of secret codes). The Registered Contestant that correctly entered the third highest number of secret codes in the Contest will be the potential Winner of the Third Prize (unless there is a tie for the highest number or second highest number of secret codes). In the case of a tie, the Registered Contestants with the same number of correct secret codes will be ranked based on who provided the most skillful, original answer to the Contest Question, as judged by Sponsor, and the Registered Contestant with the most skillful, original answer will be considered the winner (each, a “Winner”). The Sponsor is the official Contest time manager. All Sponsor’s decisions in relation to the Contest, including the selection of the Winners, shall be final.
“Grand Prize”: One (1) Winner will receive the Grand Prize which will be a four day/three night all-expense paid trip for the Winner plus three (3) Companions (“Companions”) to Orlando, Florida in September or October 2019 (as determined by Sponsor). The Winner must be 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is greater, by the end of the Entry Period. Companions may be younger than 18 years of age if a parent or guardian executes the necessary Affidavit, which also must be executed by the Winner, and provide any documentation requested by Sponsor, subject to Sponsor’s approval in each instance (in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Specifically, the Winner and his/her Companions shall receive (i) four (4) round trip airfare tickets (Winner and Companions) in economy class departing from the nearest major airport to the Winner’s residence to the airport in Orlando, Florida (the approximate value of the air travel may vary depending on the location of the Winner’s residence); (ii) Accommodations for four days/three nights in a hotel in Orlando, Florida (one standard room; the hotel will be chosen at the sole discretion of the Sponsor); (iii) four (4) Disney Theme Park tickets to visit Disney Animal Kingdom, or a substitute prize of comparable value as determined by Sponsor (approximate market value of the Grand Prize: $4,000.00) (collectively, the “Grand Prize”).
Hotel accommodation is at the discretion of the Sponsor, subject to availability, and restricted dates may apply. If, according the Sponsor’s judgment, air transportation is not required due to the proximity of Winner’s residence to Orlando, Florida, roundtrip air travel shall be replaced by ground transportation at the Sponsor’s sole discretion and there shall be no further compensation. The Winner and his/her Companion must provide the Sponsor, at the time of their request, with all necessary information and documentation, as requested by Sponsor, to make the reservations and travel arrangements and necessary hotel accommodations. Reservations must be made thirty (30) days prior to departure. Once programmed, the itinerary cannot be modified, and the Winner or his/her Companions’ failure to comply with such request will not oblige the Sponsor in any way to change the set schedule. In the event that the Winner is unable to travel to Orlando, Florida in September or October 2019 (based on the dates selected by Sponsor), the Winner will forfeit the Grand Prize, and the Sponsor will have the right to select another Winner. In the event that the Disney Animal Kingdom is not open or tickets are not available during the selected period in September or October 2019, or the destination is not available for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel what remains of the Prize, to the extent permitted by law, without any other obligation to the Winner. The Winner and his/her Companions shall be solely responsible for their meals, unforeseen expenses, tips and gratuities, income and other taxes, ground transportation, and all other costs and expenses not specified herein. All travelers must have valid travel documents. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Prize Winner and the Companions. The Sponsor makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist during travel or at any destination and is not responsible for obtaining passports, visas, or any other required traveling documentation. The Sponsor may require that the Companions and the Winner sign an Affidavit (a sworn statement defined below), which, if required, must be completed and held by the Sponsor within ten (10) days of the date of the first attempted notification of the Winner winning one of Prizes.
“Second Prize”: One (1) Winner will win the second prize, which will be a 40-inch TV, or a substitute prize of comparable value (ARV: $160) (the “Second Prize”).
“Third Prize”: One (1) Winner will win the third prize, which will be a HITN kit with branded products (ARV: $100) (the “Third Prize”).
The Grand Prize, Second Prize and Third Prize shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Prizes.”
The approximate market value of all Prizes awarded: $4,260. The Winners will be responsible for all fees and expenses not specified in the Prizes described herein.
7. General Conditions. Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and all of the Sponsor’s decisions shall be final. Each participant agrees to be subject to these Official Rules and to the Sponsor’s decisions, and to accept the award of any prize based on availability. In addition, each Registered Contestant represents and warrants that all information contained in their Registration Form is true and accurate. The Sponsor is not responsible for any printing errors in these Official Rules, Contest questions or in any other material available on the Contest Website. Upon completing an entry, Registered Contestants grant the Sponsor, its agents and others who represent it, the right to use their name, images, likeness, voice, portrait, city, state of residence, and Contestant’s Contest submission and results for advertising, marketing and any other commercial purposes, including, but not limited to, on the Contest Website, without any additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Unless the Registered Contestant opts out or declares otherwise, the Sponsor or its designees may use the physical and/or email address of the Registered Contestant to contact him in relation to the Sponsor’s services and other offers and/or promotions. All entries and answers to the contest questions become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor shall not be liable for loss, delay, incorrect or misdirected identification, operation, errors, delays or failures of telecommunications, hardware, computer software of any of the Entries or responses to the Contest. If, for any reason, the legitimacy or integrity of the Contest is compromised, or the administration of the Sponsor or the performance of the Contest becomes impossible, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Sponsor to a legally permissible extent, and disqualify any individual who falsifies the Entry or the process of the Contest or the administration thereof.
8. Notification to Winners. Potential Winners of the Grand Prize, Second Prize, or Third Prize, will be notified by email at the email address provided on the Registration Form. The Sponsor may require, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, that the Winners and the Winner’s Companions sign an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited by law), waiver of liability and/or W-9 Forms of the IRS (if required by IRS rules or regulations) prior to the delivery of any prize (collectively, “Affidavit”). If the potential Winners do not respond to Sponsor’s notification within ten (10) days of being sent, if it is determined that they are not eligible, fail to sign and return the Affidavit or other document required by the Sponsor within ten (10) days of Sponsor sending the Affidavit by email to the Winners, and/or the Sponsor’s email with the notification is returned because it could not be delivered, the Sponsor may consider that such potential Winners have forfeited and lost the Grand Prize, Second Prize, or Third Prize, and Sponsor may select alternative potential Winners. To the extent applicable, the Grand Prize, Second Prize, and Third Prize, will be delivered approximately thirty (30) days after Sponsor’s timely receipt of the Winner’s and Companions’ completed Affidavit and any requested information and documentation. The Sponsor does not provide any guarantees in relation to the Prizes. Prizes are non-transferable and Winners have no right to substitution (cash or otherwise). The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if there is no availability.
9. Winners Announcement. The names of the Prize Winners may be published for ninety (90) days after the end of the Contest Period on the Contest Website and at any other location chosen by the Sponsor, including online, on air, print, and on social media.
10. Disclaimer, Conflict Resolution, and Limits to Responsibilities. Each Registered Contestant hereby releases and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, any of its executives, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors, and appointed individuals or firms from harm, injury, death, loss or any other prejudice or civil liability by law or by its actions, whether or not known, affirmed or not, that could result from or in any way related to the participation of this promotion without warning, acceptance, use or misuse of the Prizes or any substitute prize. Any and all conflicts, claims and causes of action arising out of, relating to, or in connection with this Contest must be resolved individually, without recourse to any form of class action. This Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, regardless of conflict with the main laws. Any action or litigation concerning, or arising out of, relating to or otherwise connected with this Contest shall be made in the federal or state courts located in New York County in the State of New York and each Registered Contestant expressly agrees to the jurisdiction of the site of such courts and to desist from any defense that lacks jurisdiction or inconvenient forums with respect to such courts. Each Registered Contestant agrees to be notified of the process by mail or other method accepted under the laws of the State of New York.
ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS TO A PARTICIPANT OR REGISTERED CONTESTANT (INCLUDING WINNER) SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. PARTICIPANTS AND REGISTERED CONTESTANTS (INCLUDING WINNER) HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” You expressly waive and release any right or benefit which you have or may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, to the full extent that you may waive all such rights and benefits pertaining to the matters released here. In connection with such waiver and relinquishment, you acknowledge that you are aware that you may hereafter discover claims presently unknown or unsuspected, or facts in addition to or different from those which you now know or believe to be true, with respect to the matters released herein; nevertheless, it is your intention through this release to fully and finally and forever settle and release all such matters and claims relative thereto, which do not exist, may exist or heretofore have existed between yourself and the Sponsor related to the Sweepstakes. The release herein given shall be and remain in effect as a full and complete release of such claims and matters notwithstanding the discovery or existence of any such additional or different claims or facts relative thereto.
These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. LIST OF WINNERS: For a copy of these Official Rules or the names of Winners, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network, Inc., Attn: Angel Audiffred, 63 Flushing Avenue, Building #292, Suite #211, Brooklyn, NY 11205 – 1078 within twelve (12) months from the end of the Contest Period (VT residents need not affix return postage).