Back to website
1) What are the submission deadlines and what are the fees?
Film Festival dates: September 18 – October 16
Free Entry: July 19th – August 2nd
Standard Entry: August 2nd – August 16th, 2021
Late Entry: August 17th, 2021 – August 30th, 2021
Student Film Fee: $10 Standard Entry, $15 Late Entry
Regular Submission Fee: $20 Standard Entry, $25 Late Entry
2) What are the submission themes?
Technology, Arts and Culture, Environmental, Education, Social Empowerment.
3) What is the length of submission required?
OOnly films 30 minutes or shorter are eligible.
4) May I submit my project as a rough cut?
No, we are only accepting finished projects/films.
5) How old can my project be and still qualify for submission?
The project needs to have been produced and completed within 2018 till now.
6) If my project includes non-English dialogue, do you require English subtitles?
Yes, English subtitles are required.
7) Is my project eligible if it has aired on television or digital/streaming services?
Yes, within the last 3 years to be consistent with submission.
8) Do I need to meet a minimum age requirement in order to submit a project?
The minimum age requirement is 16 years old. All legal responsibilities of a Minor under the Official Rules will be assumed by his/her Parent, and a Minor winner’s prize will be awarded in the name of the Parent for the benefit of the Minor. In the event a potential prize winner is a Minor, the Minor’s Parent may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release on behalf of themselves and/or the Minor, and any other legal documents that Sponsor may require, including documentation to have an agreement affirmed by a Surrogate’s Court. To be eligible to win the Student Prize (defined below), you must be enrolled in high school or enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at a community college or four-year college or university (a “Student”). If you enter the Contest as a Student, you are eligible to win only the Student Prize.
9) Which video formats do you accept?
A Film must be submitted to the Sponsor in one of the following formats: .mov, .mp4, or .m4v. There is an upload size limitation of 100MB per Film. If your film is larger than 100mb, please contact us directly at TCCYF@hitn.org.
10) How do I submit my film?
During the Contest Period, submit through cineyouthfest.org or enter cineyouthfest on Filmfreeway’s website and submit there.
11) Are scholarships/waivers available?
Residents of the states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, and Vermont should contact TCCYF@hitn.org directly to obtain an Entry Fee Waiver. There will be no refunds of any Entry Fees, regardless of whether a Film is selected or not, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
12) How do I know you received my submission? How will I be notified?
All notifications will be sent out from TCCYF@hitn.org
13) If applicable, can I submit my film to more than one theme?
Yes, however, each entry must be a different film, not multiple entries for the same film.
14) Is there a geographical qualification?
Films may only be submitted by legal residents of the 50 United States, Washington D.C. or Puerto Rico
15) Still have questions?
Send us an email TCCYF@hitn.org