Back to website
1) What are the submission deadlines and what are the fees?
Film Festival dates: September 15 – October 15
Standard Entry: August 2nd, to August 16th, 2021
Late Entry: August 17th, 2021, to August 30th, 2021
Student Film Fee: $10 Standard Entry, $15 Late Entry
Regular Submission Fee: $20 Standard Entry, $25 Late Entry
2) What are the submission themes?
Technology, Arts and Culture, Environmental, Education, Social Empowerment
3) what is the length submission required?
Only films :30 minutes or shorter are eligible.
4) How do you determine whether a film is considered U.S. or International?
Applicants should select their submission category based on the primary source of the film’s financing. If 50% or more of the film’s financing came from sources within the United States, it should be submitted as a U.S. Film. If more than 50% of the film’s financing came from sources outside of the United States, then it does not qualify for our film festival. (We will ask for documentation.)
5) May I submit my project as a rough cut?
No, we are only accepting finished projects/films.
6) How old can my project be and still qualify for submission?
The project needs to have been produced and completed within the year 2021
7) If my project includes non-English dialogue, do you require English subtitles?
Yes, English subtitles are required.
8) Is my project eligible if it has aired on television or digital/streaming services?
Yes, within the last 3 years to be consistent with submission.
9) Do I need to meet a minimum age requirement in order to submit a project?
The minimum age requirement is 16 years old. All legal responsibilities of a Minor under the Official Rules will be assumed by his/her Parent, and a Minor winner’s prize will be awarded in the name of the Parent for the benefit of the Minor. In the event a potential prize winner is a Minor, the Minor’s Parent may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release on behalf of themselves and/or the Minor, and any other legal documents that Sponsor may require, including documentation to have an agreement affirmed by a Surrogate’s Court. To be eligible to win the Student Prize (defined below), you must be enrolled in high school or enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at a community college or four-year college or university (a “Student”). If you enter the Contest as a Student, you are eligible to win only the Student Prize.
10) Which video formats do you accept?
A Film must be submitted to the Sponsor in one of the following formats: .mov, .mp4, or .m4v. There is an upload size limitation of 100MB per Film.
11) How do I submit my film?
During the Contest Period, submit through cineyouthfest.org or enter cineyouthfest on Filmfreeway website and submit there.
12) Are scholarships/waivers available?
Residents of the states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, and Vermont should contact TCCYF@hitn.org directly to obtain an Entry Fee Waiver. There will be no refunds of any Entry Fees, regardless of whether a Film is selected or not, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
13) How do I know you received my submission? How will I be notified?
All notifications will be sent out from TCCYF@hitn.org
14) If applicable, can I submit my film to more than one theme?
You may register for this Contest more than once by following each of the above steps for each Film, including registering each Film and paying the applicable Entry Fee for each Film.
17) Is there a geographical qualification?
Only Legal residents of the 50 United States, Washington D.C., or (US territories) such as Puerto Rico, Guam, and American Samoa.
18) Still have questions?
Send us an email TCCYF@hitn.org